Turning the Device Off and On
The device has been set to turn off automatically after 5 minutes of nonuse, at which point the screen will go black. When you receive your device it should be turned off, and the battery should be charged.
To turn the device on, press the red power button in the lower left corner of the keypad.
To manually turn the device off, press the red power button once again.
A list of options will appear. You don't have to select anything on this screen. Just wait for the screen to go black, and the device will automatically turn itself off.
Set Motorola Time
1. From the home screen, click the time.
2. Click the Clock
3A. Start by setting the Time Zone to your Venue's time zone
3B. Set the correct Date and time
3C. Click OK
Confirm Motorola Version
Confirm which version of the Motorola you have. Make a note of which version you have as this will be needed when connecting the Motorola to WiFi. From the home screen, check to see if the Fusion Wireless Icon is a:
A. White circle with a Blue F
1B. Blue Rectangle with a red exclamation point.
Connect to the Local WiFi Network
1. Make sure you are on the blue home screen to start this process. Sometimes when you turn on the Motorola the Etix Validation program may be open. You must first exit this program to get to the home screen.
2. Enter the password 54321 and click Confirm Exit
3. From the home screen click on the Fusion Wireless icon (Blue F in a circle or Blue Rectangle with Red Exclamation Point) located at the bottom right corner of your screen.
4. From the drop down menu, select the option that says “Find WLANS.”
**NOTE: For hidden networks, select “Manage Profiles” Then click and hold in the white space, and select “Add” from the drop down menu. Enter the Name and ESSID manually, then proceed directly to Step 9 (below)
5. Wait for the device to scan for Networks in range. It will populate a list of SSIDs.
6. Find your desired SSID on the list. Click and hold until a small drop down menu appears.
7. Select the option that says “Create Profile”
8. Profile Name and ESSID will auto populate. Click Next.
9. Leave Operating Mode as default “Infrastructure.” Click Next.
10. Security Mode defaults to “WPA2-Personal” and Authentication Type will default to “None.” If you are setting up a hidden network you will have to enter manually. Ask your IT person if you are unsure what to select. Click Next.
11. Fast Roaming Options will default to “Allow Motorola HFSR.” Leave the second box checked. Click Next.
12. Encryption Type defaults to “AES.” Be sure to check “Allow Mixed Mode”. If you are setting up a hidden network you will have to enter manually. Ask your IT person if you are unsure what to select. On the same screen, under the heading “Enter Preshared Key (PSK) Using,” select “Pass-phrase.” Then, uncheck the box the says “For added security – Mask characters entered.” Now, click Next.
13. Enter the password for the network in the box labeled “Passphrase.” (You may click on the keyboard icon at the bottom of the screen to use the virtual keyboard. When you are done typing click on the keyboard icon again to minimize it.) Click Next.
14. Leave all boxes checked under “IPv4 Address Type,” unless IT person tells you otherwise. Click Next.
15. Under Battery Usage, select “CAM.” Click Next.
16. Under Performance Settings, make sure “Optimize for Data” is selected. Click Save.
17. You will now be brought to the "Manage Profiles" screen. Click Ok. The antenna icon at the top right corner of the screen will display a circle and 2 stationary arrows when connected.
Manage Existing Networks
1. From the home screen click on the Fusion Wireless icon (Blue F in a circle or Blue Rectangle) located at the bottom right corner of your screen.
2. From the drop down menu, select the option that says “Manage Networks.”
3. You will see a list of Networks that have already been set up on your device.
4. Click and hold the name of the network you wish to edit
5. A drop down menu will appear
6. You can disable, delete, connect or disconnect from networks using these menu options.
Putting the screen to sleep
The screen is set to sleep after 5 minutes, at which point the screen will go black. Simply press the yellow scan button to wake the screen up.
Qwerty Keypad options
1. For the Qwerty keypad version of the device, you can activate numlock by hitting the orange button on the lower left twice. It will glow when activated.
2. To turn off numlock, simply press the orange button one more time.