Netbooks are used for scanning/validating tickets. The Netbook will already have been setup for the venue. However, we recommend following these setup steps to ensure accuracy.
- Netbook (small computer)
- Power cord
- Honeywell Scanner (USB connected to Netbook)
Click here to view the How to Video on Netbook Scanning Instructions.
1. Power on the Netbook and connect the Honeywell Scanner utilizing one of the USB ports (a chime will be heard when properly connected).
2. Connect the NetBook to the Network; using wireless or LAN
3. Open the Etix Laptop Validation program by clicking the icon (should be located in the middle of your screen)
4. Once the Etix Laptop Validation application opens, click the Admin button
5. Enter the password: 54321
6. Click Administer
7. Your Username and Password will already be set (the username and password shown in the image are EXAMPLES ONLY).
Note: Do not adjust the Client ID.
Note: The Netbook must be in LIVE mode. If a scanner has been accidentally switched from LIVE to NETWORK, you get an INVALID error - and in the details, it says "No Login."
8. Click the GENERAL tab. Ensure that "Show Price Code on VALID" is checked.
9. Click the STORE tab. Ensure that "Use Store Feature" is checked.
Min Length should be set to 9.
Max Length should be set to 11.
10. Click the MODE tab. Ensure that "IN " is checked.
11. Click the EXIT tab.
12. Click Save And Exit.
This will close the application and take you back to your desktop.
13. Open the Etix Laptop Validation program using the shortcut on the desktop.
You are now ready to begin scanning your tickets.
Note: Once a ticket is scanned, the screen will change to GREEN reflecting a valid ticket. If a ticket is invalid or has already been scanned into the venue, the screen will turn RED, the date and time the ticket was scanned will be shown on the screen. Your Netbook also will have positive and negative sounds associated with your GREEN and RED screens, this is a very helpful feature allowing the person scanning to listen as well as look for the screen colors. The Netbooks will be more efficient when placed on a table or chair, if the Netbook is on the floor there is more interference with your wireless signal as well as increased risk of damage.
Valid Entrance Ticket is good. This message can also display the ticket's price code, as shown below.
Valid Store You are not connected to the Internet. Exit the Validation Program, and then through your network connections, connect to the Internet. To Exit the program:
- Click ADMIN
- password is 54321
- Click Administer
- Save And Exit
Already Validated Ticket has already been scanned
- The date and time the ticket was scanned will be shown on the screen
- Click the Details button for additional information
Invalid Ticket does not have a valid barcode or may be for another performance
Invalid--Voided Ticket was voided.
Not Currently Valid (Not Valid at time or place) Venue may not have the validation time range setup or it is not within the validation time range.
To check validation time range log into the Etix system.
From the Venue Dashboard:
- Click Advanced
- Click Access Control (Validate Ticket)
- Click Access Control Admin
- Click Set Up Live Validation for the Entire Venue
- Enter or update the Minutes Before Performance and Minutes After Performance