Etix now offers the ability to publish an Event to Facebook when a performance is created on the Etix system*.
Click Here to view a how to Video on Facebook Events.
Using Etix, you will no longer need to manually create an event on Facebook. Publishing events to Facebook can potentially increase referral traffic and result in higher conversions (i.e., more sales) for your events, so this practice is recommended whenever feasible.
* Your event should comply with core Facebook publishing guidelines and best practices.
From the Venue Dashboard, click the Facebook icon next to the desired performance. The icon will be grayed out if a Facebook Event has not yet been created for the performance.
If you have never pushed events from Etix to Facebook, you must first link your venue's Facebook page with Etix. Click Continue with Facebook and login to your Facebook account.
Your Facebook Account will display. Click View Profile or Logout if needed.
Next you will be able to edit Event Details. Please take note of the below.
1. Information changed on this page will only appear on Facebook and will not update the Etix performance.
2. Events published to Facebook will be public even if your performance is set to private on Etix.
3. Changing a performance on Etix after it has been published will not change the Facebook Event.
A. Update Facebook Event Name if needed. Facebook allows a max of 75 characters.
B. Select the Facebook Page to add the event to. You must be an admin of the Facebook Page to see it in this dropdown.
C. Select Wall Post Permission
D. The Performance start date and time will display
E. The Location will display.
Note: You can click the link to edit your Venue's address and you'll be brought to the Venue/Promoter Public Info page to make the change. If you update the address here, it will update on both the Facebook Event and your Venue Sales Link.
F. Select Facebook Category. This will default to Music. These categories are defined by Facebook and will be applied to your event so Facebook users can find it easier.
G. Update or add Facebook Event Photo. Images are required to be less than 1MB in size and must be either a JPG, JPEG or GIF.
H. Update Facebook Event Description if needed. Facebook does not allow HTML on their descriptions, so be sure to remove any code from your description before publishing.
I. Click Publish to your Facebook page
A pop up will appear if your performance is set to private in Etix asking if you are sure you would like to publish the performance to Facebook. Click Cancel or Publish to continue.
A. The page will refresh with a note that the event has successfully published to Facebook.
B. Click Edit this event on Facebook to make changes. This will open a new tab in Facebook to make changes.
Back on the Venue Dashboard notice the Facebook icon is now blue indicating the performance has successfully been pushed to a Facebook Event. If you click the icon now you will be taken directly to the Facebook Event.
Once your event is on Facebook, visitors to the page will see basic event information and a "find tickets" button that will direct them to the performance page on Etix.com.
Q: What are Facebook Events?
A: Facebook Events are live events listed on our Etix ticketing platform that are published to the Facebook website and mobile app. Creating a performance on Etix now includes the option to publish an Event on Facebook.
Q: How do I set up an Event on Facebook?
A: Take the following steps to activate Events on your Facebook page:
- Make sure the Events tab on your Facebook page is visible
- Stop manually creating new events on your Facebook page
- Within the Etix system, go to the marketing tab from the performance dashboard and select the “Publish to Facebook” link. Alternately you can click the Facebook icon to the right of the event listing on your Venue dashboard.
- You’ll be directed to a “Publish to Facebook” page to review the information being sent to Facebook; if it’s correct, select the “Publish to your Facebook Page” button at the bottom right.
- Once your event is on Facebook, visitors to the page will see basic event information and a “buy tickets” button that will direct them directly to the performance page on Etix.com.
Q: What information is published to Facebook?
A: All key metadata from your event on Etix including:
All of this metadata will help qualify your events for better search and News Feed recommendations
Q: How soon will my Facebook Event show up on my events tab after it's been released on Etix?
A: Once you have reviewed and verified the information you are sending to Facebook from the “Publish to Facebook” page, your event will appear on Facebook within seconds.
Q: Can fans purchase tickets directly through Facebook on my Event?
A: At this time, fans on Facebook who click on the ticketing link will be driven back to the Etix event listing to purchase tickets.
Q: Who can edit an Event on Facebook? What details can be edited?
A: Page Admins, Page Editors and co-hosts can edit an Event. You can edit the cover photo, event name, event start/end date and time, location and other event details. Please note: Any changes made to the event on Facebook will NOT be communicated back to the Etix system.
As fan engagement for some events get large, there are different limits to how many times you can change the name, time or location of the event. Only edit when absolutely necessary.
Q: Will the Etix-created Event appear if I’ve already manually created events on my Page?
A: Yes, duplicate events will appear on your events tab if you are manually creating your own events. Going forward, we recommend that you discontinue manually creating new events and use the Etix system to add performances to the Facebook Event tab.
Q: How do I remove duplicate events on Facebook?
A: If duplicate events appear on your events tab, you have two options:
- Hide event: Click “x” on the top-right corner of the event to hide an event from your events tab. The event will still live on the other co-host pages like a venue page or artist page.
- Please note that you can un-hide an event that you have previously hidden by clicking “More” from the menu on the Facebook event and selecting “Add to Page...”
- Delete event: Go to the event you'd like to delete, click “Edit” in the top left and tap “Delete Event” on the bottom left to confirm. It’s important to know that if you delete an event, fans who have RSVP’d will get a notification that the event has been cancelled.
Q: What if my performance is visible on Etix but not showing up on my Events tab? Or what if the wrong performances are showing up on my Events tab?
A: Reach out to your client services representative or email email@example.com.
Q: What if my Facebook Event is displaying incorrect information?
A: Page admins and co-hosts can edit the image, event name, event start/end date and time, and location. However, keep in mind that these changes will not be communicated to the Etix system. If you make changes to your performance on Etix, you cannot republish the event to Facebook.